So these flowery, vibrant coloured drapes have turned pastel. They have turned dull pastel having keeping you from infection inducing dust and irritable harsh sunlight. And, what do you do for these fellas and their long faces? If we were to talk about the majority of the populace, the answer would be – NOTHING! Yes, we people tend to not attend to our drapes at all, we do not care to clean them or dust them majority of the times.
Dust, Pollen, Allergens and other dirt particles get stored in the coherent threadwork of drape and curtain fabric. Since, these things act as an shield and covering with the external atmosphere and all the air that comes in comes through it, this makes it very important to keep curtain cleaning regularly done and to keep the air fresh and breathable inside.
One of the most non-toxic, and benign, pollutant-free method to get your drapes clean is through steam. It is mostly preferred by residences and commercial offices to get their curtain cleaning services done by professional curtain steam cleaning services. If you have gotten a weekend at your hand and there is nowhere you have to be then you might as well indulge into this meditative act of curtain steam cleaning.
Curtain Steam Cleaning
Things you’ll need:
- Steam appliance
- Fabric or drape tool
Curtain Steam Cleaning Procedure:
- Fill the water tank in the steam cleaner according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You can choose any kind of steam generator used for cleaning purposes. It would only take 5 to 10 minutes for the water to heat.
- Don’t stick the nozzle from where the steam emanates directly to the curtain fabric. Hold the nozzle 6 inches from the drapes. Begin from the top and continue moving to the bottom to spray the drapes with steam.
- Move the nozzle closer while at the seam lines, keep the nozzle to 2 inches from the drapes instead of 6 inches. When you have sprayed the entire front surface of the drapes, detach the jet nozzle from the hose and set it aside.
- Attach the fabric or drape tool to the end of the hose. Hold the hose straight upright, so the dirty condensation collected from the curtains can run back down the hose and into the machine. Lightly touch the cleaning tool on the end of the hose to the top of the drapes. Move the tool slowly down the fabric panel from top to bottom.
- Keep steaming the drapes until you have covered the entire front surface. Repeat the process with the fabric or drape tool on the rear side of the drapes.
- Allow the drapes to air dry.