Venetian blinds are beautiful in all types. Having them in your house is definitely a pleasure, but Venetian blinds cleaning might not be a pleasure as it is often painful. Of course, there is an option of using professional Venetian Blinds Cleaning Melbourne services. Alternatively, you must know the cleaning methods to clean Venetian blinds painlessly.
We will share the top tips and easy to apply Venetian blinds cleaning methods in this blog. Read on.
There are two effective and painless ways of Venetian blinds cleaning:
- Vacuum cleaning
- Attach soft brush attachment to the vacuum cleaner
- Vacuum clean the blinds side by side. Make sure while vacuuming the blinds, give support with your hand.
- Warm water cleaning
If your blinds have more dirt or dust accumulated on it which cannot be cleaned with simple vacuuming, then follow these steps of Venetian blinds cleaning:
- Pour warm water in the bathtub.
- Take off the Venetian blinds from the window or door and put them in the bathtub.
- Let the blinds stay in the tub for 15 minutes.
- If after 15 minutes you see any accumulated dirt, rub it with your hands and remove it.
These two are the easiest and painless methods of Venetian blinds cleaning.
If your Venetian blinds have accumulated stains, you will need to put some extra efforts. Follow this DIY hack:
- Mix 50% of water and 50% of vinegar into any vessel.
- Soak a clean cloth or a sock in the cleaning solution.
- Clean the blinds upside down one by one with this wet cloth. If you have fabric or wood blinds, do not make the cloth too wet, make it damp. Also, make sure to check the manufacturer’s warning to assure it is safe to use vinegar as Venetian blinds cleaning
- Areas with stains need to be rubbed in a circular manner. Be gentle in the whole process.
You will need deep cleaning of blinds if you do not invest in professional Venetian blinds cleaning Melbourne services. Follow this deep cleaning guide to completely clean the blinds and to restore their beauty:
- Pour warm water into the bathtub. Add cleaning solution in this water.
- Take off the blinds from the window and put them into this bathtub.
- Leave it for an hour. If it is too dirty, you need to let it rest in this cleaning solution for two to three hours.
- After that, remove accumulated dirt and stains with a soft brush, if there are any stains or dirt. Do not scrub it too hard.
- Take out the blinds from the tub and wash it with clean water to remove the cleaning solution.
- Dry the Venetian blinds completely else it can get mould.
- Hang it back.
Read Next Blog: How To Clean Venetian Blinds At Home
These are some easy to apply cleaning guides for Venetian blinds cleaning. Contact Toms Curtain Cleaning Melbourne experts in Curtain Steam Cleaning, Curtain Dry Cleaning, Curtain Laundry and Drapes Cleaning services.