Your vertical blinds need to be regularly cleaned to keep them in top-notch condition. Alongside weekly vacuuming from top to bottom with your vacuum cleaner you ideally should wash your curtains every few years, to get perfectly clean fabric blinds, regardless the fabric they are made up of. Vertical Blind Cleaning is more important than you think it to be. According to the experts at Toms Blind Cleaning Services: look after your vertical blinds and they’ll last longer. Neglect them and the fibres can may rot!
Quick Read, For Quick Vertical Blind Cleaning
If you would like to give your blinds an extra-gentle blind cleaning, without faying, do the following.
How To Clean Vertical Blind
- Roll verticals up into a coil
- Place them carefully in a pillowcase
- Now put them in the washing machine drum with a few towels.
- Switch the machine on a delicate wash
Be sure to review the manufacturer’s instructions (user manual) to check whether your blinds are machine-washable in the first place.
Some key steps to remember while cleaning your blinds yourself
- Consistent maintenance will prevent you from having to deep clean your blinds more and more frequently. It is advised that you atleast dust, or vacuum your blinds with a brush attachment daily.
- If your vertical blinds happen to be machine washable they should be washed no higher than a temperature of 30 degrees.
- It is only most appropriate that blinds are left to dry naturally by air and laid out flat when drying under the fan.
Step-By-Step Guide To Get Clean Fabric Blinds
Step 1: Remove All The Hooks
Firstly, remove all the hooks and curtain weights and loosen the heading tape. Let them down the hem if the fabric is likely to shrink slightly. Shake to remove dust.
Step 2: Soak The Curtains In Cold Water
After having dusted them neat, soak the curtains in cold water. Then wash these blinds carefully, according to the type of fabric. If you are hand-washing the blinds, make sure the detergent is thoroughly dissolved in water before immersing the curtains. Do not rub or wring.
Step 3: Squeeze Out Water
It is time to rinse these blinds thoroughly. Squeeze out as much water as possible, you can also use a short washing machine spin for the same. If machine-washing to clean the vertical blinds, use a program for delicate washing.
Step 4: Iron The Blinds
Now iron the blinds, make sure to iron the curtains while they are still damp. Work lengthways, on the back side of the blinds, stretching the fabric gently so as to stop the seams from puckering.
Step 5: Hang The Curtains Straight Under The Fan
Hang the curtains straight in an open space or under the fan, while slightly damp so they drop to the right length.
Clean and Dust curtain tracks, windows and sills before putting your as good as new curtains back.