Cleaning Lace curtains might sound quite easy at first for the reason that people often mistake its cleaning with regular cloth cleaning without worrying about the fabric. For a fact, cleaning your curtains as well as drapes need careful cleaning. Since the window curtains serve a lot of protection for your home furnishing as well as privacy, they nee ideal care.
In the event of cleaning your curtains, you need to be well-informed about the material as well as the construction of the cloth. Along with that, you need to consider the strength of the cloth as well as the type of cleaning detergent or material which you would be using as it should be perfect for the type of cloth which you are cleaning.
Talking about the lace curtains, they look elegant as window covers. They are known for the feature of providing the filtered sunlight through the window, yet they are also known to accumulate dust over them which needs to be cleaned properly to prevent the fabric from looking dirty. There are a few ways of doing this. Let us guide you through.
Now there are two methods of cleaning the lace curtains. You can either hand wash them or you can even use your washing machines for this purpose. Apart from that, you can even use the method of curtain steam cleaning to clean your lace curtains, yet you need to do it properly or you might end up burning the fabric of your expensive curtains.
How to clean Lace Curtains with Handwashing
Hand washing is quite an easy method for cleaning lace curtains. Here’s how you do it:
- First of all, remove the lace curtains from their rods.
- Now, fill a bucket of lukewarm water and add a few spoons of mild detergent to it (normal detergent). Mix it well and create a lather where you can put your curtains.
- Now, just put the curtains in the bucket and allow them to soak the mixture completely. Keep them there for about 15 minutes.
- Just remove the curtains from the bucket now and rinse them under running water till all the detergent in them is removed. However, don’t wring them as it might tear them.
- Now, hang the curtains to dry in the sun like usual.
How to clean Lace Curtains with Washing Machine
You can easily wash the lace curtains in your washing machine too if it comes with a hand-wash cycle. Here’s how you do it:
- First of all, like usual, fill it with enough water to soak the curtains.
- Now, add a mild detergent to it and put your curtains in for a short wash
- Finally, just remove the excess water and hang them in the sun to dry.