Curtains are the keepers of your indoor air quality first hand. Whatever air comes into your household has to pass through your curtains most probably. If your curtains are dirty the air along with it might as well bring in a lot of dirt, dust and pollen. So their cleanliness is a must. But the majority of the people think that steam cleaning curtains at home is the only effective way to clean the curtain. But that is not true, in this blog we give you the answer on how to Clean Curtains Without Steam Cleaner.
Process to Clean Curtains Without Steam Cleaner
Option 1: Cleaning Curtains in the Washing Machine
Before administering this method of cleaning on your curtains make sure to check the fabric type of curtain. If your washing machine houses a delicate cycle feature, be sure to use it. Or else, choose a cool wash along with a slow spin. Other key things to keep in mind are as follows
- Your day to day laundry detergent is all good to be used.
- If you are particularly worried about the material shrinking, don’t risk putting the curtains in the washing machine, and hand wash instead.
Option 2: Hand Washing your Curtains
Hand washing curtains can sometimes be the most safer options. It will also save your electricity and is one of the most eco-friendly ways to clean your curtains. Here are some tips.
- Use a soap specifically designed for hand washing delicates or use your regular laundry detergent. It is more preferable to choose a gentle soap to avoid damaging the material.
- Follow the instructions given on the back of your chosen product while hand washing curtains. Different products will require different instructions.
Here are some of the generic things to keep in mind if you desire to clean your curtains by yourself. We reckon these tips will keep you from damaging your curtains while cleaning.
Things We Keep In Mind While Cleaning Curtain
- Curtains that are made of delicate fabric shall be hand washed to reduce the risk of shrinking or getting roughed up.
- Curtains that are made from heavy fabric should be steam cleaned, in order to avoid a lengthy drying process as that could take up a lot of your time.
- Most important thing is regular maintenance, make vacuuming of your curtains a part of your normal cleaning routine.
- Use a soft brush attachment to remove everyday dust.
- Lightweight curtains shall be cleaned in the washing machine without any concerns.
To get same-day, on-site curtain cleaning services hire a Tom’s professional. Call us on 1300 068 194.