The air passes through your venetian blinds daily with air dust, pollen, allergens, dirt, etc. But how often do we get venetian blind cleaning done? It is recommended by blind cleaning professionals that you get them cleaned once every month and dust them daily. You can call a professional to save time and get venetian blind cleaning done. Or if you have the day to yourself and have nowhere to go out to you might as well get your venetian blind cleaning done. We have listed out ways in which you can get your synthetic and wooden blinds cleaning done.
Here’s how to clean Venetian blinds
The best advisable way to thoroughly clean venetian blinds completely is tried and trusted bath method (keep in mind, that following steps are not suitable for wooden blinds):
Process To Clean Synthetic Venetian Blinds
- First of all detach blinds from their fixing. The modern designs sit on plastic fittings, you do not have to go with the hassle of removing the brackets.
- Fill a bucket with around 1/3rd of warm water. To it add half a cup of biological detergent powder.
- Dip all the blinds in the bucket.
- Rub them with a cloth on the both sides.
- Pick them up and leave them to drip dry anyplace. They would be dripping so make sure you take precautions for the same.
- After your synthetic fibers are dried put them back.
Here’s how you can cleaning Wooden Venetian Blinds
Although wooden blinds give out a rustic and natural feel to modern homes, you have clean them using a delicate approach. Keep in mind that detergent is a big no-no as the constituents in it could warp the wood.
Here’s how to clean wooden venetian blinds
- Jut a feather duster through every niche to dislodge the excess dirt.
- Use a wood cleaning spray over all the blinds, then clean them with a cotton cloth.
- Run over the slats again with more with a non-wax furniture polish
Instead of using a soft cotton cloth as mentioned above. Use the wood cleaning spray to an old sock and wear it as a glove, change the sock while running your hand over each blind.
To save time and get same day, on-site service call Tom’s venetian blind cleaning services across Melbourne.
Call us on 1300 068 194.